plastics/injection molding Sales Associate
D.A. Inc. specializes in the manufacture and assembly of custom injection molded plastic products primarily for automotive industry. We offer injection molded parts, including covers/protectors, which are used in wiring harness applications to protect vital components; and interior parts. We were founded in 1988 and are based in Charlestown, Indiana.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields or equivalent experience preferred.
• Must have manufacturing background and understanding of plastics and injection molding.
• Sales experience preferred.
• Must have an understanding of plastics and injection molding.
• Must be able to sit, up to 100% in an 8 hour day.
• Must be able to perform finger and hand dexterity 100% in an 8 hour day.
• Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
• Must be able to wear safety glasses.
• Establish designated channels of communication with the customer and facilitate the communication of customer requirements to the design and manufacturing disciplines.
• Prepare and track quotations as needed for customer requests.
• Manage multiple products simultaneously with cross-functional associates.
• Monitor customer satisfaction to include targeted customers for courtesy visits annually.
• Communicate with Japan parent company on any related issues.
• Interact with management, all departments, and customers on any manufacturing or sales related issues.
• Maintain customer correspondence and keep filing purged and updated, including transmissions from customer such as Warp or other.
• Prepare costing evaluations of new and existing products as requested
• Process customer surveys and materials or arrange with appropriate departments.
• Initiate new parts into D.A. Inc’s primary database system and launches products via D.A. Inc’s APQP launch system.
• Travel up to 10% per year for customer needs.
• Follow D.A. Inc.’s Contract Review procedure to ensure that the production and delivery of product to the customer is planned and communicated in a manner that ensures conformance to the customer requirements. Specific aspects of contract review include:
1. Ensuring that all customer quality requirements are identified and are reflected in quotations and ensuring a review of the ISO 14001/TS 16949 standard if applicable.
2. Issuance of contract requirements that specify the needs and expectations of the customer in terms of function, cost quantity, and delivery as specified in the contract or other associated documents.
3. Assisting in Administration of the advance quality planning functions; and
4. Assuring that all customer quotations are processed in a timely manner.
• Ability to read blueprints (drawings) preferred.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good math skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Good computer skills (Proficient with Microsoft Office – MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.