Sorry, this job has expired.
D.A. Inc. specializes in the manufacture and assembly of custom injection molded plastic products primarily for automotive industry. We offer injection molded parts, including covers/protectors, which are used in wiring harness applications to protect vital components; and interior parts. We were founded in 1988 and are based in Charlestown, Indiana.
Currently we're hiring a pre-production engineer.
As the pre-production engineer you will assist and direct the plant or supplier manufacturing departments in ensuring all pre-production requirements are met on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
• Managing multiple products simultaneously with cross-functional associates.
• Seeing the product from conception through manufacturing and after delivery to the customer.
• Ensuring product design’s compliance with customer’s standards, company standards, and engineering principles.
• Coordinating activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and design and test problems (American or Japanese) as necessary.
• Evaluating design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
• Working with customer to ensure correct change.
• Reporting to Manager weekly on status of products.
• Understanding customer’s quality requirements and interacting with D.A. Inc.’s quality and production departments for implementation.
• Ensuring all quality development and documentation required for each manufactured part. This Includes quality planning activities that are completed to meet customer requirements.
• Supplier Quality Assurance: Establishing supplied product quality requirements, audit suppliers when necessary. Assuring Quality requirements are identified to suppliers. Providing for incoming inspections plans where needed and verification of quality based on customer requirements. Working on assigned supplier quality issues during launch activity. Providing training to suppliers how to perform quality testing, layout and any other items to meet overall quality requirements.
• Interacting with suppliers as required.
• Assisting in equipment set up requirements for D.A. Inc.
• Overseeing that internal departments complete all documentation to customers based on master schedules.
• Interacting with management, all departments, and customers on any manufacturing or sales related issues.
• B.S. in engineering or equivalent experience required.
• 1-3 years plastic injection molding experience.
• Understanding of Automobile manufacturer’s design and/or quality requirements.
• Tooling knowledge a plus.
• Must have strong program or project management skills and/or abilities.
• Must be knowledgeable in basic statistical methods.
• Must have good computer skill (MS Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Must have excellent written or oral communication skills as well as problem solving skills.
• Must be able to stand/walk greater than 50% in an 8-hour day.
• Must be able to perform finger and hand dexterity 40% in an 8-hour day.
• Must be able to sit 50% in an 8-hour day.
• Must be able to wear a hard hat.
• Must be able to wear safety glasses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.